Terms of Reference for e-Governance Project Coordinator in Nairobi, Kenya
Project title: Human Centred Digitalisation Kenya
Position: e-Governance Project Coordinator (IT-Project Manager)
Start of Employment: ASAP
Duration of Employment: until May 2025
Working nature: Full-time assignment
Location: Nairobi, Kenya
Supervisor: ESTDEV’s Africa Project Manager
Estonian Centre for International Development (ESTDEV) is a government-funded foundation responsible for managing and implementing Estonia’s international development cooperation and humanitarian assistance projects. We achieve this aim through partnerships and investments that reduce poverty, strengthen democratic governance, build sustainable economies, and help people emerge from humanitarian crises and progress beyond assistance. ESTDEV’s program implementation in Africa contributes to the security and stability of the African continent through development cooperation and long-term humanitarian assistance, strengthening bilateral economic relations, and to supporting sustainable development in African partner countries.
About the Project
The overall expected impact of ESTDEV’s project is to strengthen open and inclusive digital governance in Kenya by helping the government in digitalising public service delivery. Project deliverables cover development of a technical interoperability framework, human-centred design and development of e-government services, as well as necessary capacity building activities. The project is funded by the European Union and Republic of Estonia and is expected to run until 2025.
Duties and Responsibilities
Under the supervision of the ESTDEV’s Africa Project Manager, the Project Coordinator is expected to perform the following tasks:
● Coordination of e-governance related project activities with Estonian, Kenyan and international partners (MDAs, experts, companies etc.), being the local contact point for ESTDEV.
● Organisation of sufficient information flow and communication with project partners, ensuring the engagement of all parties.
● Preparation of detailed project plan (activities, schedule, budget) and ensuring the smooth implementation as well as continuous monitoring of the processes.
● Supervision of the activities carried out by external contractors.
● Project reporting, giving feedback and initiating ideas to improve the project.
● Ensuring and tracking the progress of the IT developments.
● Preparation and delivery of necessary materials, reports, proposals and presentations related to project activities.
● Preparing and organising the necessary trainings.
● Performing any other duties upon request.
Qualifications and Experience
● University degree or relevant recognised certificate in project management, ICT, digital governance or other related field.
● At least 5 years demonstrable experience working on project development and implementation (preferably IT project), including financial/budget management and reporting. Working with international partners would be an advantage.
● Understanding of novel approaches of IT development, e-governance, digital economy, public sector reform processes. Experience in developing and running ICT services or advancing e-government services would be an asset.
● Understanding of the Kenyan context and good orientation in the local environment.
● Proficient computer skills and use of relevant software and other applications.
Languages: Fluency in English, both oral and written, is required.
Additional information: [email protected] or +372 5397 2266 (WhatsApp).
Deadline: Please send your CV along with a cover letter to [email protected] by February 20th, 2023