Terms of Reference: Project Coordinator for Capacity Building in Nairobi, Kenya
Project title: Human Centred Digitalisation Kenya
Position: Project Coordinator for Capacity Building
Start of Employment: ASAP
Duration of Employment: until May 2025
Working nature: Full-time assignment
Location: Nairobi, Kenya
Supervisors: ESTDEV’s IT Project Manager and Programme Manager for Digital Education
Estonian Centre for International Development (ESTDEV) is a government-funded foundation responsible for managing and implementing Estonia’s international development cooperation and humanitarian assistance projects. We achieve this aim through partnerships and investments that reduce poverty, strengthen democratic governance, build sustainable economies, and help people emerge from humanitarian crises and progress beyond assistance. ESTDEV’s program implementation in Africa contributes to the security and stability of the African continent through development cooperation and long-term humanitarian assistance, strengthening bilateral economic relations, and supporting sustainable development in African partner countries.
About the project:
The overall expected impact of ESTDEV’s projects is to strengthen open and inclusive digital governance in Kenya by helping the government in digitalising public service delivery and providing skilling opportunities for public servants as well as training high skilled employees for the IT labour market. Project deliverables cover necessary capacity building activities as well as liaising with private sector representatives and the academia to build IT talent for fulfilling necessary positions to achieve strong digital public service delivery. The project is funded by the European Union and Republic of Estonia and is expected to run until 2025.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Under the supervision of the ESTDEV’s IT Project Manager and Programme Manager for Digital Education, the Project Coordinator is expected to perform the following tasks:
● Coordination of capacity building related project activities with Estonian, Kenyan and international partners (MDAs, experts, companies etc.), being the local contact point for ESTDEV.
● Organisation of sufficient information flow and communication with project partners, ensuring the engagement of all parties.
● Preparation of detailed project plan (activities, schedule, budget) and ensuring the smooth implementation as well as continuous monitoring of the processes.
● Supervision of the activities carried out by external contractors.
● Project reporting, giving feedback and initiating ideas to improve the project.
● Preparation and delivery of necessary materials, reports, proposals and presentations related to project activities.
● Preparing and organising the necessary trainings.
● Performing any other duties upon request.
Qualifications and Experience:
● University degree or relevant recognised certificate in pedagogy, education, project
management or other related field.
● At least 5 years demonstrable experience working on project development and implementation,
including financial/budget management and reporting. Working with international partners
would be an advantage.
● Understanding of novel approaches of upskilling, capacity building as well as public sector
reform processes. Experience in developing and running trainings would be an asset.
● Understanding of the Kenyan context and good orientation and network in the local
● Proficient computer skills and use of relevant software and other applications.
Languages: Fluency in English, both oral and written, is required.
Additional information: [email protected] or +372 5397 2266 (WhatsApp).
Deadline: Please send your CV along with a cover letter to [email protected] by February 20th, 2023