Promoting peace and security is an essential foundation for sustainable development in fragile and conflict-affected countries. The imperative to address fragility, conflict and insecurity has become a central focus of global development process.
“Humanitarian action should not be hype-based but seen as a long term process,“
– Karin Maasel, ESTDEV’s Head of the Africa and Emerging Markets Department
Morning Masterclass “Investing in Peace and Stability – Why and How” will gather Estonian thought-leaders, representatives of the private sector, leading humanitarian NGOs, the public sector enterprises and academy to discuss:
- What is the economic cost of conflict and how it impacts all sectors of the society (on the example of Ukraine, but not limited to it)?
- Humanitarian assistance is a long term process that requires sustained efforts and funding. What is the role of PPP in humanitarian action and what are the incentives for the private sector to get involved?
- What is the role of media in maintaining funding levels for humanitarian crises?
- Alternative financing in action: block-chain and cryptocurrency, cash transfers and its links to supply chains in country; loans, guarantees and insurance.
- Kersti Kaljulaid – President of Estonia 2016–2021 | UN Global Advocate for Every Woman Every Child
- Karin Maasel – Head of the Africa and Emerging Markets Department, ESTDEV
- Jakob Harbo – Head of Partnerships and Compliance, Danish Red Cross
- 9:00 Doors open for people to gather and mingle
- 9:30–9:35 Opening remarks by Ragne Maasel, Head of ESG (Environmental, Social, Governance) at LHV, host of the event
- 9:35–9:40 Opening remarks by Kadri Maasik, Executive Director, Estonian Centre of International Development, organizer of the event
- 9:40–9:55 Keynote: Kersti Kaljulaid
- 9:55–10:10 Keynote: Karin Maasel
- 10:10-10:25 Keynote: Jakob Harbo
- 10:25–10:30 Coffee break
- 10:30–11:45 Panel discussion and Q&A
- 11:45-12:00 Closing remarks
Event is moderated by Neeme Raud
Registration is required: sign up HERE
- Date: 18 March 2022
- Time: 9:30- 12:00
- Place: LHV, 15th floor – City Plaza, Tartu mnt 2, Tallinn
- ZOOM: https://lhvbank.zoom.us/j/96674838327?pwd=RHMrU2Z2OGdZb1Rabk0rRWZrdHJDdz09
- Passcode: 724855
- Webinar ID: 966 7483 8327
We are looking forward to seeing you at the event!